Conservation License
Hunting and Fishing License

Alabama residents and nonresidents between the age of 16 & 64 must obtain a fishing/hunting license to fish or hunt on public or private land or water ways. All Alabama residents age 65 or older are not required to purchase a hunting or fishing license as long as they have proper identification to prove their age. If born on or after August 1, 1977, you must have a Hunter Education Identification number.

You may obtain Hunting and/or Fishing license online at the Outdoor Alabama website or one of the following Baldwin County Probate Office locations listed below:

Hunting or Fishing License OnlineState of Alabama Department of Conservation and Resources
Purchase Online

Requirements for a Fishing or Hunting License:

Hunting and Fishing Licenses are valid September 1 - August 31 annually

Seafood License - may be obtained at any of the Probate Office locations.

1. An Alabama driver license

2. The license year begins October 1 and ends September 30.

3. Recreational Shrimp:  $16.00

4. Recreational Net:        $51.00

5. Other documents may be required.  Please call for additional information.

6. Effective October 1, 2003, the Baldwin County Probate Office will no longer sell Alabama Commercial Seafood Licenses.  These licenses include Commercial Oyster, Commercial Crab, Commercial Shrimp, Commercial Hook and Line and Seafood Dealer.  Only MRD offices at Gulf Shores and Dauphin Island and the Bayou La Batre City Hall will continue to sell these licenses. 

7. All Non Resident recreational and Non Resident commercial licenses will be sold only at MRD offices.

Contact Us

Bay Minette - map
220 Courthouse Square
Bay Minette, AL 36507
Phone: 251.937.0260
Fax: 251.937.0252

Fairhope - map
1100 Fairhope Avenue
Fairhope, AL 36532
Phone: 251.​990.4645
Fax 251.580.2594

Foley - map
201 East Section Avenue
Foley, AL 36535
Phone: 251.​972.6845
Fax: 251.580.2588

Robertsdale - map
22251 Palmer Street
Robertsdale, AL 36567
Fax: 251.970.4097